We know the feeling: it's the holiday season and work is having their end-of-the-year office party and you were asked to bring something tasty. Sounds easy enough but then you are burdened to think about what is something simple enough to make but will pack a punch at the party.
After all, it is work and it's nice to put your best foot forward.
So, whether it's an office party, your party, or just a relaxing Friday at home, we have the recipe for you.
It really should be called the Your-Guests-Won't-Want-To-Leave Cocktail but for simplicity sake we give you the Sunset Hibiscus Cocktail.
So, for some background:
We know, the natural sweetness and floral notes of hibiscus with the warmth or our Caribbean- inspired spices, it's only fitting to add some rum for entertaining.
Here's the recipe:
Verde Vivo Sunset Hibiscus Loose Leaf Tea
Bottled spring water (Optional but preferred)
Natural cane sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
Your favorite dark rum
Note: Recipe makes 32 ounces
1. Heat: Bring 32 oz. water to a boil, remove from the heat
3. Steep: Add ¼ cup of Sunset Hibiscus loose leaf tea. Let steep about 45 minutes, then strain. Optional: for bold flavor, steep longer or overnight.
4. Sweeten: Sweeten to taste
5. Mix: For every 2 servings, add 10 ounces strained tea, a splash of Angostura Bitters, a shot of dark rum, and ice cubes to the shaker, then shake.
6. Pour: Make sure you shake well and pour.
7. Garnish: Garnish with a slice of lemon, orange, or lime on the rim of the glass.
8. Explore and enjoy!
And there you go! Your holiday party contribution has never been easier. Now, it's show time!
Don't be a stranger! Let us know if you have any questions by emailing hola@verdevivotea.
Verde Vivo Tea(m)